District Manager - Ohio / Pittsburg at Bare Escentuals
This job posting is no longer active
The District Manager is responsible for establishing sales and customer service objectives for each assigned boutique and department store location within the district and overseeing the implementation of business plans to achieve sales growth and outstanding customer service. Responsibilities include P&L management, recruitment and management of Boutique and Business Managers. Each DM will ensure the Company’s overall growth targets are met, and create strategies in the district to achieve sales goals. The DM will be responsible for providing direction and strong leadership in training and motivating staff to achieve sales and operational goals.
- Generate and maximize sales for assigned district.
- Set and maintain high standard of client service within the district with consistent focus and feedback.
- Review P&L’s to ensure adherence to expense budgets and monitor profitability.
- Identify staffing needs. Recruit highly qualified managers to meet the district’s needs and maintain a resource plan to ensure the district is staffed appropriately. Develop talent as a key element of executing operational business plans.
- Implement district programs to coach, train and develop staff to maximize the customer experience and increase sales performance.
- Execute training programs to ensure consistent and thorough training for all employees in each boutique via consistent communication and direction.
- Ensure operational compliance of each location to company policies and procedures.
- Partner with HR business partner on all employee relations matter.
- Ensure strong execution of promotional events and key brand marketing programs.
- Oversee communication to Retail Ops partners for follow-through on inventory and facility/maintenance issues.
- Minimum 5-7 years of multi-unit or high-volume specialty store management experience required; Cosmetic/beauty retail experience required.
- Proven track record in driving and increasing sales volume; accountable for meeting set sales and payroll goals.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- Ability to coach, mentor, develop and motivate other managers and staff.
- You must be concept and image oriented, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to build and maintain relationships; Strong collaboration skills.
- Travel is more than 50%; a valid driver's license required.
- Self-motivated with highly developed prioritization and delegation skills.
- Good time management skills, ability to manage budgets, goals and results oriented attitude.
- Utilize good judgment on a consistent basis, must be creative to develop new ideas to drive and grow the business.
- Proficiency in Outlook and Microsoft Word required; Proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred; at least a working knowledge required.