Boutique Manager - Rosedale Mall at Bare Escentuals
This job posting is no longer active
Bare Escentuals: This position is responsible for promoting the girlfriend experience and building a client based business. Motivates and inspires team to achieve personal and team productivity goals. Analyzes Week to Date, Month to Date, Year to Date sales and develops action plans to drive top line sales. Manages up to 3 Assistant Boutique Managers and 25 Beauty Ambassadors. Manages payroll budgets and P&L to ensure store’s contribution is on target. Ensures the individual and collective skills of the team are utilized effectively and ensures a positive internal and external client experience. Assess team and evaluates on-going personnel needs, actively recruiting and hiring top talent. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance.
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the client, focusing on the fun factor, the girlfriend experience with equal focus in driving top line sales.
- Meets personal goals while maintaining a strong floor presence and control.
- Forecast/reforecasts business, setting stretch goals to ensure Units per Transaction, Average Dollar Sale, Sales per Hour, Sampling and newness goals are achieved.
- Models the Sales Leader role, observing Beauty Ambassadors’ interactions with clients, performing hourly reads and diagnosing opportunities to increase units per transaction, average dollar sale and sales per hour. Coaches in the moment and holds team accountable.
- Observes Assistant Boutique Managers in the role of Sales Leader, diagnosing learning opportunities and coaching accordingly.
- Ensures Beauty Ambassadors consistently utilize company tools and resources, building a client based business and following up accordingly.
- Identifies opportunities to drive traffic into store through community outreach, sampling and newness launches.
- Ensures merchandising/display/marketing standards are maintained and that store is consistently replenished.
- Ensures consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization.
- Communicates with District Manager inventory levels, markdowns and trends.
- Establishes and maintains a safe work environment and ensures ongoing training and awareness.
- Consistently utilizes policies/procedures and additional company resources to ensure compliance.
- Prioritizes, plans and adjusts schedules and agendas to ensure all business goals are achieved.
- Consistently reviews payroll, thinking forward to ensure appropriate staffing levels during peak traffic.
- Manages supply levels, cash control and other expenses.
- Reviews P&L monthly with District Manager, identifies opportunities to reduce overhead and increase contribution.
- Consistently force-ranks Beauty Ambassadors, diagnosing training needs, providing on-going training opportunities as needed.
- Actively networks, recruits and interviews to ensure applicant pipeline is full to ensure open positions are filled within two weeks.
- Hires to the needs of the business, utilizing behavioral based interviewing to assess talent, selecting high quality, high performing teams.
- Establishes clear expectations, shows people the way and provides direction, support and on-going feedback.
- Ensures employees are trained in bareSelling, clientelling, skin care, product knowledge, the make-under process as well as operational systems/standards.
- Leverages the strengths of management team and creates action plans to ensure Assistant Boutique Manager and Keyholder are able to assume greater responsibility.
- Manages and assesses performance through consistent feedback and documentation of performance, coaching and creating developmental plans/performance appraisals.
- Creates and ensures an environment where all employees are treated fairly and respectfully.
- 4 plus years as retail Boutique Manager and/or cosmetics business manager/account coordinator.
- Proven ability to inspire, manage staff to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Ability to network, recruit, select talent, create teams and train/develop/retain great people.
- Ability to speak to the business, reforecast sales and drive top line sales through effective floor leadership, coaching and accountability.
- Ability to effectively communicate, organize and lead.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and influence others through actions and examples.
- Ability to achieve results both independently and through others by fostering a spirit of teamwork and cooperation.
- Ability to identify problems and root cause and take the appropriate action to improve performance.
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Flexibility and the ability to handle change in a positive manner.
- Ability to work opening shift on Mondays and have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times. Must work a minimum of two closing shifts and three weekends each calendar month.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.