Assistant Manager - Lehigh Valley Mall at Bare Escentuals
This job posting is no longer active
Bare Escentuals: This position is responsible for promoting the girlfriend experience and building a client based business. Motivates and inspires team to achieve personal and team productivity goals. Knows Week to Date, Month to Date, Year to Date sales and manages action plans to drive top line sales. Monitors payroll budgets. Fosters a collaborative and cooperative work environment, ensuring a positive internal and external client experience. Assists the Boutique Manager in the on-boarding and training of staff. Effectively manages store operations, ensuring consistency and compliance. Serves as Manager in the absence of the Boutique Manager.
- Consistently creates a welcoming environment for the client, focusing on the fun factor, the girlfriend experience with equal focus in driving top line sales.
- Meets personal goals while maintaining a strong floor presence and control.
- Acts as a Client Ambassador, observing Beauty Ambassadors’ interactions with clients, performing hourly reads and identifying opportunities to increase units per transaction, average dollar sale and sales per hour. Coaches in the moment and holds team accountable.
- Ensures Beauty Ambassadors consistently utilize company tools and resources, building a client based business and following up accordingly.
- Assists the Boutique Manager in identifying opportunities to drive traffic into store through community outreach, sampling and newness launches.
- Assists in the maintenance of merchandising/display/marketing standards and that store is consistently replenished.
- Assists in the maintenance of consistent standards of cleanliness, maintenance and organization.
- Communicates inventory level and trends to Boutique Manager.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures ongoing training and awareness.
- Consistently utilizes policies/procedures and additional company resources to ensure compliance.
- Consistently reviews payroll to ensure appropriate staffing levels during peak traffic.
- Manages supply levels, cash control and other expenses.
- Actively networks and recruits Beauty Ambassadors to ensure open positions are filled within two weeks.
- Conducts behavioral based interviews to assess talent and assist in selecting high quality, high performing teams.
- Communicates clear expectations, shows people the way and provides direction, support and on-going feedback.
- Assists in training employees in bareSelling, clientelling, skin care, product knowledge, the make-under process as well as operational systems/standards.
- Manages and assesses performance through consistent observation and feedback. Assists the Boutique Manager in Force-Ranking Beauty Ambassadors.
- Creates and ensures an environment where all employees are treated fairly and respectfully.
- 2 plus years as retail Boutique Manager and/or cosmetics business manager/account coordinator.
- Proven ability to inspire, manage staff to exceed sales goals while maintaining payroll budgets.
- Experience in networking, recruiting and interviewing.
- Experience in driving average dollar transaction, units per transaction and sales per hour through floor leaders, coaching and accountability.
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate, inspire and influence others through actions and examples.
- Ability to multi-task and build relationships.
- Flexibility and the ability to hand change in a positive manner.
- Must have open flexibility to work during peak traffic times. Must work a minimum of two closing shifts and three weekends each calendar month.
- Able to lift, push and pull up to 50 pounds.
- Able to stand on your feet for up to 8 hours.